Nutty Vegan Slim Down Stir Fry
Gluten Free - Grain Free - Sugar Detox - Anti Inflammation - Alkaline
- 3 cups Low Starch Vegetables Sliced Thin ( I used purple cabbage, carrots, snow peas, daikon, boy choy and swiss chard but use what you want here)
- 1-2 tbl Macadamia, Coconut Oil, Cultured Ghee
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (can be replaced with protein of choice)
- 2 tbl hemp seeds* See notes
- 2 tbl chopped cilantro
- 1/4 c sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 c coconut oil (I've used extra virgin olive oil before too for a lighter flavor)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2-1 tsp Korean chili flakes (add more as you please. Also regular chili flakes will be fine)
- 1 tbl Coconut Aminos or Braggs aminos (experiment with adding both if you like)
- 1 tbl Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/2 heaping tbl freshly grated ginger (about a 3'' knob)
For the Sauce:
Add all of the ingredients in the work bowl of your food processor and process until smooth. Taste for seasoning by dipping a raw piece of a vegetable to experience what it will taste like against the food.
For the Stir Fry
- In a wok heat the oil over medium high heat until shimmering.
- Add the vegetables and cook, stirring often, until softened about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the cooked protein of choice to the vegetables and add 3 tbl of sauce (1 1/2 tbl per person) along with a 2 tbls of water to thin the sauce.
- If you are using leafy greens, now is the time to add them so they won't wilt too much during cooking.
- Cook for a few more minutes or until the sauce is heated through and the vegetables are cooked through.
- Divide between two bowls and cover with hemp seeds and freshly chopped cilantro.
For a lighter meal you can omit the quinoa and add more hemp seeds. 3 tbl is 10 grams of complete protein to give you an idea of how much to use. I also like to add the same raw veggies, cooked quinoa (or protein of choice) on top of fresh salad greens and use the sauce as a salad dressing for an easy weekday lunch.