Chocolate Raspberry Beet Pudding
Vegan - Sugar Free - Gluten Free - Grain Free - Paleo - Soy Free
- 3 Cups Steamed Beets (about 3-4 large beets or 5-6 small beets)
- 1 Cup Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/2 Cup Non Dairy Milk (Almond, Hemp, Coconut etc)
- 3 Cups Frozen Raspberries (Cherries would be amazing!)
- 1 1/2 tbl Maple Syrup, Yacon Syrup, or a few pitted dates to taste
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Steam beets in a steamer over simmering water for 10-15 minutes or until a knife is easily pierced through the skin. Allow to cool.
- Once the beets are cooled rub the skins off with your hands. ( I suggest wearing gloves and doing this over the sink to prevent staining on your skin)
- Slice the beets into small pieces and place in the work bowl of a blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the blender and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Taste for sweetness and adjust if necessary.
If seeds bother you, heat the raspberries in a pan until softened with 2 TBL water and then mash with a fork. Strain the raspberries into the blender through a sieve to remove any seeds, pushing the solids with a spatula OR just use pitted cherries.
Carob would be a great substitute for chocolate if you have any issues with caffeine or histamines that are in raw cacao/chocolate