You want me to rub a bunch of oil all over my face to clean it?
Yep. Want to know why? Well, did you know that most facial cleansers are full of sulfates, acids, and other agents that dehydrate your skin that can actually lead to more breakouts? And did you know that dry skin is overproducing oil already so using these cleansers that strip your skin of its natural oils only pulls your natural oil production out of balance even further? Hmmm isn't that the opposite of what we are looking for?
Here's what you need:
- clean washcloth
- a towel
- 100% Hexane Free Pure Oil (see combos below)
For Oily Skin - Experiment with a combo of any of the following:
- Jojoba, Castor, Hazelnut, Rice Bran
For Combination Skin - Experiment with a combo of any of the following:
Sunflower, Sweet Almond, Castor, Avocado
For Dry Skin - Experiment with a combo of any of the following:
- Macadamia, Avocado, Sunflower, Coconut, Shea, Sweet Almond, Apricot
For Make Up Removal
Coconut Oil is the fastest and most effective on mascara and eye makeup so I like to rub that on first.
Here's what you do:
- Mix a generous amount of oils together, in the palm of your hand
- Rub your palms together to warm the oils
- Slather it all over your face
- Massage into your face using circular motions sweeping upwards towards your head.
- Massage your face for 1-2 minutes. I find this to be a meditative process so enjoy it.
- Run a washcloth under hot water.
- Hold the warm, wet washcloth over your face for at least 10 seconds or as long as you like...ahhh.
- Now use the washcloth to gently wipe the the oil and makeup from your face.
- I repeat this process a few times until I really feel like I have removed all the oil and makeup. *If you have any lingering mascara that just won't quit, I gently rub a small amount of coconut oil under my eyes and then lightly wipe it off with a smooth, soft cloth. Be careful with your eyes!
- Your washcloth is going to need a good washing at this point.
Rub some apricot oil or additional jojoba if you feel you need it but generally your face will feel smooth and well hydrated after this process.