Coconut Curry Pumpkin Soup
Vegan - Paleo - Sugar Free - Gluten Free - Grain Free
- 1 15oz Can Organic Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie mix!)
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 apple diced (honey crisp, granny smith, gala or something crisp will work)
- 2 Tbl Coconut Oil
- 2 1/2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 Cup Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1/2 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1 Tbl Maple Syrup (optional)
- Veggie or Chicken Broth to thin soup
- Toasted Pumpkin Seeds (or any kind of nut or seed) for added protein and crunch
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat and add the oil to the pan to warm.
- When the oil starts to ripple add the diced onions, apple, and add a pinch of salt to help soften the onions.
- Stir the onions and when they start to soften (about 2-4 minutes) sprinkle the curry powder over the onions and stir constantly to cook the curry powder.
- Remove the pan from the heat and scoop the onions and all the spices from the pan into the work bowl of a blender.
- Add the coconut milk, pumpkin puree, salt and blend until smooth.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Add broth or water to thin to desired consistency.
- If eating right away heat on the stove over medium high heat until hot or keep in the fridge and heat when ready to eat.
- Top with pumpkin seeds and enjoy!
- Chopped cilantro would make a great garnish for this flavor profile.