Paleo - Grain Free - Gluten Free - Vegetarian
- 2 Egg Yolks (at room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 3/4 cup Cold Pressed Oil - Extra Virgin Olive, Macadamia, Avocado or any combo
- 1 finely minced garlic clove
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the egg yolks, garlic, lemon juice and mustard in the container of a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth, then blend on low speed while pouring oil into the blender in a fine stream as the mixture emulsifies and thickens.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge.
Homemade mayo is going to taste like the oil you use so make sure whatever you use is high quality, cold pressed, and above all else you like the flavor of it! Olive oil is the strongest in flavor, then avocado, then macadamia which is my favorite because it tastes like butter. Experiment to find out what you like the best.