Roasted Red Pepper "Cheesy" Hazelnut Spread
Gluten Free – Vegan – Grain Free – Paleo – No Sugar
Yields 2 cups
- 12 oz Jar of roasted red bell peppers drained (or 4 large red and/or yellow peppers roasted instructions below*)
- 1/2 cup Roasted hazelnuts (skin removed)
- 1 Tbl Nutritional yeast
- 1/2 Tbl Dijon mustard (gluten-free and/or homemade)
- 1 Tbl Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbl Orange Juice
- 1/4 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp Fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Freshly cracked black pepper
In a blender add all of the ingredients and blend until smooth. If it is too thick add more orange juice until the consistency you desire is reached.
- Serve as a dip on its own with gluten-free crackers or raw veggies for a crudite platter.
- Use as a sandwich spread (goes great with avocado, tuna, chicken, and even steak)
- Goes great on eggs as a perfect substitute for ketchup
- Thin out with some vinegar for a salad dressing
Ina Gartens Fail Proof Roasted Red Peppers
- 4 large red or yellow bell peppers, preferably Holland
Preheat the oven to 500F
Place the whole peppers on a sheet pan and place in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until the skins are completely wrinkled and the peppers are charred, turning them twice during roasting. Remove the pan from the oven and immediately cover it tightly with aluminum foil. Set aside for 30 minutes, or until the peppers are cool enough to handle.
Remove the stem from each pepper and cut them in quarters. Remove the peels and seeds and place the peppers in a bowl along with any juices that have collected. Discard the stems, peels, and seeds.