Pain Relief Tea
Makes 2-4 servings
Vegan - Gluten Free - Grain Free - Detox - Paleo - Anti Inflammatory
- 40 oz filtered clean water (about 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup sliced ginger smashed with the back of a wooden spoon to expose flesh
- 1 Tbl + 1 tsp Powdered Turmeric (organic high quality)
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Tbl Coconut oil or Ghee
- 2 Tbl Raw Honey
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Pour the water into a large sauce pan.
- Add the ginger to the water. Bring to a boil for 20 minutes then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the spices and ghee/coconut oil.
- Whisk to combine the spices.
- Squeeze juice from lemon.
- Remove from the heat. (This can be left overnight to infuse further with the ginger too)
- Strain into mugs and stir in raw honey
- Keep stirring while drinking this because the spices will settle to the bottom.
If you need a quick single serving:
- Mix 1 heaping tsp of turmeric, pinch of cayene, three turns of black pepper, 1/2 tsp powdered ginger (optional but recommended) and pour hot water over while whisking to combine with 2 tsp ghee or coconut oil and 2 tsp raw honey to help absorb the spices and drink immediately.