Turmeric Tummy Warmer
Raw - Vegan - Alkaline - Gluten Free - Paleo - Sugar Free
Aids to flush out the lymphatic system and reduce swelling
- 6 cups of water divided
- 2 in knob of ginger
- 2 tsp tumeric powder
- pinch of cayenne or 4-6 drops cayenne extract
- juice of 4 lemons
- Raw Honey or Maple Syrup to taste
- Blend the water and ginger in a high power blend and then strain the mixture.
- Press the solids with the back of a spoon or spatula to pull as much juice out as possible.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the ginger water and blend for 30 seconds or shake in a jar.
- Keeps for 3-5 days in the fridge but best if consumed immediately. Shake well before drinking.
- Add as much or as little heat as you like. If you don't have cayenne pepper you can blend a 1/2'' piece of your favorite pepper just make sure you are familiar with the heat of the pepper you are using so you don't blow your head off. I prefer Serrano or Fresno peppers in this blend. If you can find turmeric (use a 2'' knob) in its root form and have a juicer I would recommend juicing both the ginger and turmeric, but powdered turmeric is a perfectly acceptable substitute.
Adapted from Linda Wagner