Carrot Sunflower Orange Date Spread
Vegan - Gluten Free - Grain Free - Paleo - Sugar Free - Make Ahead
- 1 Lb Carrots Peeled and Cut into 1/2'' Pieces
- 1 Cup Roasted Sunflower Seeds or Nut/Seed of Choice
- 1/2 Cup Pitted Dates (soaked in warm water for 10 minutes)
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Zest and Juice of 1 Orange
- 1/2 Tsp Fine Sea Salt
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- Steam the carrots for 5-7 minutes or until the carrots are easily pierced with a knife.
- Drain the dates and add all of the ingredients to a blender.
- Blend the mixture until smooth.
- Taste for seasoning and transfer to a bowl and serve with crackers, crudite, or use as a dip for meat or veggies.
The sunflower seeds can be replaced with cashews, almonds, walnuts, or hazelnuts.