Raw Vegan Pub Cheese
Raw - Vegan - Grain Free - Sugar Free
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw macadamia nuts (or just use all cashews)
- 3 Tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- 3 Tbl chopped Parsley (measure after chopping)
- 2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbl Chopped Chives (measure after chopping)
- Rinse off the nuts and place in a bowl.
- Cover with water and place in the fridge to soak overnight.
- Drain and rinse the nuts and place in a blender along with all of the remaining ingredients minus the chives.
- Blend until smooth.
- Fold in the chives and transfer the cheese to a sieve lined with cheesecloth placed over a bowl to drain.
- Fold the cheesecloth over the top and place in the fridge to drain overnight.
- Turn out the cheese and serve!
- The flavors need time to mellow in this recipe so if you taste it right out of the blender don't be surprised if the garlic and lemon come on strong. Feel free to play around with the amount of garlic to suite your preference. If you don't like a raw onion favor feel free to leave the chives out but they really lend a good bite to the cheese.