Carrot Ginger Puree
Serves 4 - 6
Vegan - Gluten Free - Grain Free - Sugar Free - Paleo
- 2 lb Organic Peeled Carrots
- 1 1/2 Tbl Finely Chopped Ginger
- 1/2 -1 Cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth (see notes)
- 2 Tbl Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Coconut Aminos or Celtic Sea Salt to taste
- 1 Tbl Chopped Cilantro for Garnish
- Cut peeled carrots into 1/2'' pieces.
- Place into the basket of a steamer set over simmering water and steam for 5-8 minutes or until the flesh is easily pierced with a fork.
- Transfer the carrots to a blend and add the finely chopped ginger, olive oil and 1/2 cup of broth.
- Start to blend. If the mixture is too thick add more broth a few tablespoons at a time and blend.
- When the consistency is to your liking taste for seasoning.
- For a creamier puree, replace the chicken broth with coconut milk and omit the olive oil.
- For the ginger: I like to chop up a bunch of ginger (about 2 cups worth) and process in a food processor with some oil until a past forms. I place the ginger in a glass jar and make sure there is enough oil to cover the ginger and store in the fridge. This way you don't have to chop ginger every time you need it.