Baked Apple Chips
Vegan - Gluten Free - Paleo - Nut Free - Refined Sugar Free - Fat Free
- 2 Crisp Apples (Fujis, Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, Pink Lady)
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
- 1 Tbl Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 225F and line two sheet trays with parchment paper.
- Slice the apples horizontally across the core on a mandolin (or with knife) as thin as you can.
- Toss the apples in the lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Toss the apples and cinnamon in a ziploc bag until well coated or you can also sprinkle by hand.
- Lay the apples in a single layer on the lined sheet pans.
- Bake for one hour.
- Flip the apples.
- Bake for an additional hour.
- Turn the oven off and allow the chips to cool with the oven door shut or until they are very crisp and snap when pushed on lightly with your finger.
- If these are left long enough to cool they will stay crispy stored in an airtight bag or container for a few days. This same process can be used with bosc pears.