*If cooking nuts is of concern to you, try baking these at your ovens lowest temperature (above 140F to kill any bacteria in the eggs) for an hour. Turn the oven off and allow the cookies to cool in the oven until they firm up for a few hours or until they are the texture that you like. I have not tried this with these particular cookies but I will give an update when I do.
Citrus Honey Nut Cookies
Grain Free - Gluten Free - Refined Sugar Free- Paleo
- 1 cup Shelled Pistachios
- 1/2 cup Hazelnuts
- 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Raw Honey
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 1 Egg White
- 1/4 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- In the work bowl of a food processor add the almond flour, hazelnuts, and pistachios. Pulse until the nuts have broken down into small sandlike pieces but not completely ground into a powder.
- Transfer the nuts to a large bowl and add all of the other ingredients. (I like to use gloves for this because the honey is so sticky.)
- Toss the mixture with your hands until it is well combined.
- Scoop 1 leveled tablespoon and roll into balls.
- Place on a parchment lined sheet pan 1'' apart from each other. Continue with the rest of the batter.
- Press each cookie with your palm to gently flatten out. (There are no leavening agents so they are not going to rise or expand.)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350F or until the edges are a light golden brown.