Homemade Nutella (Chocolate Hazelnut Spread)
Gluten Free- Refined Sugar Free- Vegan- Paleo
Yields 2 1/2 cups
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts (skins removed is ideal for the smoothest texture)
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 1/4 cup non dairy milk (almond, hemp, coconut)
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 3 Tbl coconut syrup (or raw honey, yacon syrup, or maple syrup)
- 1 Tbl melted coconut oil
- In a small saucepan place the milk, salt, cacao powder, coconut oil, and sweeteners and whisk to combine.
- Heat over medium heat while whisking for 2-3 minutes or until a smooth thick mixture is created.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a high power blender or food processor.
- Add in the hazelnuts and begin to pulse and then blend until it becomes smooth and glossy.
- Taste for sweetness and store in an air tight container in the fridge.