Raw Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Gluten Free – Raw – Vegan – Sugar Free – Paleo
Place the bowl of your ice cream maker in the freezer the night before when you soak your cashews. See notes for recipe without an ice cream maker below.
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews (soaked overnight or for at least 4 hours)
- 1/2 cup frozen organic chopped spinach
- 2 cups non dairy milk (almond or coconut)
- 10 pitted dates soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
- 1/2 c coconut nectar, maple syrup, or yacon syrup to taste
- 2 3/4 tsp pure peppermint extract
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks (I use my homemade vegan chocolate bar recipe)
- Place the bowl of your ice cream maker in the freezer the night before when you soak your cashews. See notes for recipe without an ice cream maker below.*
- Drain and rinse the cashews and place in a high power blender. Add in the remaining ingredients and blend on high until a smooth thick mixture is created. Taste for sweetness and keep in mind that when the ice cream is cold the flavors will be subdued so it should be highly flavored in its un-churned form.
- Strain through a sieve into a bowl and chill in the fridge for 45 minutes-1 hour.
- Pour into the chilled bowl of your ice cream maker and churn according to your manufactures instructions. When the ice cream is thick pour in the chocolate chunks until just incorporated. Transfer to an air tight container and allow to firm up for another 30 minutes if you like a hard ice cream or eat right away if you like soft serve.
If you don’t have an ice cream maker fill an ice-cube tray with the dairy milk of your choice and freeze overnight. In a high power blender (vita mix or a blend tec) combine the cashews, frozen spinach, frozen non dairy ice cubes, dates, peppermint, salt, and sweetener of choice and blend until smooth. If the mixture is too thick keep adding some non dairy milk 2 Tbl at a time until the desired consistency is achieved.