Strawberry-Lime-Banana Frozen Cheesecake with Pistachio Date Crust
Raw - Vegan - Paleo - Sugar Free - Gluten Free - Grain Free
- 1/2 cup raw Macadamia or Cashews (soaked overnight in water)
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 2 Tbl Coconut Cream (place one can coconut milk in fridge overnight and scoop cream off top)
- 2 Limes
- 1 tbl maple syrup, yacon syrup, coconut nectar/syrup, or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 cup raw pistachios
- 4 Large Medjool Dates (pits removed)
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/8 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- Prep for this recipe by soaking the raw macadamias/ cashews in just enough water to cover them for a minimum of 4 hours but overnight is best.
- Place one can of full fat coconut milk into the fridge overnight for later use.
- (If you can get your hands on a can of Coconut Cream then you can skip this step)
- Start by placing the raw shelled pistachios and medjool dates with pits removed into the bowl of your food processor along with the fine sea salt and the zest of 1 lime.
- Pulse the date-nut mixture until coarsely ground and it becomes sticky.
- The mixture should stay together when pressed in between your fingers. If not process with 1-2 more dates until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Grease the tart shells.
- Press the nut-date mixture into the bottom of the tart shells/pan and firmly pack it to make it as flat as possible. You can bring the crust up the sides if you want but that is a personal choice.
- Place the prepared crusts into the fridge while you assemble the remaining ingredients.
- Open up the chilled coconut milk and scrape 2 tbl of the cream off the top leaving the coconut water in the can.
- Drain the nuts and place in the workbowl of a blender along with the coconut cream, the zest and juice of 1 lime, 1/4 tsp fine sea salt, 1 1/4 cup sliced strawberries and 1 ripe banana.
- Blend until very smooth and taste for sweetness. If you need it sweeter add 10-15 drops liquid stevia or 1 tbl of maple syrup, honey, coconut sugar or sweetener of choice.
- Fill the tarts almost to the top with the filling and place in the freezer to chill for at least 6 hours but overnight is best.
- Top with the remaining 1/4 cup sliced strawberries, pistachios, and extra lime zest right before serving.
- Allow to sit on the counter for 15 minutes (for small tarts) 30 minutes (for full size pie) before serving to defrost.
- For a full size cheesecake double this recipe and use a 9'' springform, grease lightly with oil, and line the sides with parchment paper.