Vegan/Paleo Pie Crust
Makes 4 mini tarts or one regular size tart shell
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup whole dry roasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 TBL melted coconut oil
- Place the first three ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the hazelnuts are a fine flour. With the motor running slowly pour in the melted coconut oil until a sand like dough forms.
- Test some by pressing a small handful and if it remains together you are good but if it falls apart you may need for oil. If it’s very wet and oily add more almond flour until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Press the dough with your fingertips to form an even layer in the bottoms and up the sides of tart shells.
- Bake the tarts on a sheet pan for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for at least one hour before filling.