Lemon Basil Avocado Zuccasta
Vegan - Sugar Free - Paleo - Gluten Free - Grain Free
- 1 avocado, pit removed cut into small pieces
- 15 basil leaves chopped into ribbons
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic clove finely minced
- 2 Tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 5-10 turns of black pepper or to taste
- 2-4 Zucchinis (see notes)
- Veggie Spiralizer
- In a blender add the avocado, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, basil, and blend until smooth adding more olive oil to thin if needed.
- The sauce should be very thick like a pudding and not move if you hold the blender upside down.
- Spiralize the zucchini into pasta noodles (I like the paderno brand slicer) set aside.
- In a medium saute pan add a tablespoon of olive oil and heat over medium heat until it just starts to shimmer.
- Add the zucchini in one layer into the pan and allow it to brown. Do don't move the "zuccasta"
- Once the zucchini has gained color turn it over and allow to cook for a few more minutes.
- Add a few heaping spoonfuls of the avocado sauce over the pasta and toss to coat. You can add more sauce to the amount of your liking.
- Allow the sauce and pasta to cook together until the sauce starts to lose a little bit of its green color and has heated throughout.
- Transfer to plates and garnish with tomatoes and lemon zest.
- You may have leftover sauce. I like to keep mine covered in the refrigerator for the next time I make this dish. I like to make it fresh every time rather than have it as leftovers but thats a personal preference.
- Use 1-2 zucchini per person for a full dinner portion.