Who says you can’t have your pie and eat it too?
What was that? Oh the saying is cake not pie? Well then all the reason why you can have seconds! Check out these little pecan crusted pumpkin pie beauties free of dairy, grains, sugar, and gluten but jammed with rich, decadent deliciousness.
How did I do it? Wouldn’t you like to know!
I’m kidding, obviously I will tell you just scroll down to the recipe below ;)
Oh and I made mine into individual tarts because I like to feel like a giant when I eat little things, but if you want to serve a regular pie use a 9’‘ spring form pan and pour the filling in and bake for 20-25 minutes longer or until the center is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
Vegan Pumpkin Pies
Vegan - Paleo - Sugar Free - Gluten Free - Grain Free
- 2 Cups Pecans
- 2 Cups Dates
- 1/2 Tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1 16 oz Can Pumpkin Pie Puree
- 1 Cup Raw Macadamia Nuts Soaked in Water Overnight (or skinless almonds or raw cashews)
- 1/2 Cup Pitted Dates (soaked in warm water for 15 minutes)
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tbl Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbl Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup Non Dairy Milk (Coconut, Almond etc)
- 1/2 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 - 4.75 in Mini Tart Shells
- 8'' Spring Form Pan
- Preheat the oven to 350F
For the crust
- In the work bowl of a food processor add the dates, pecans, and salt and pulse until the pieces are finely ground and it holds it shape when pressed between your fingers.
- Grease the tart shells and evenly divide the crust between the shells.
- Press the crust up the sides and firmly into the bottom as evenly as you can.
- Set aside.
For the Filling
- Drain the nuts and rinse off.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the work bowl of a blender and puree until smooth.
- Taste for sweetness and adjust according to your palette if necessary.
- Place the tart shells on a sheet pan.
- Pour the filling evenly between the tart shells.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out cleanly.
- Allow to cool and cover with coconut cream (optional)
- This recipe can be made into one large pie. Use an 8'' spring form pan and press the crust into the bottom and up the sides. Pour all of the filling in and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.