I am a girl who needs food frequently. Only problem is I don’t like to eat junk or buy $4 a pop on protein bars that have questionable ingredients…so what do I do?
I make my own! And now you can too!
Since this is January and we are all trying to lose a few pounds these are the perfect snack, breakfast, or pre workout meal because they are vegan, gluten-free, grain free, high fiber, and sweetened lightly with dates. Want to know the best part? You can make the whole batch in your food processor and they don’t require any baking.
Here is the nutritional breakdown
Paleo Protein Bars
Vegan - Gluten Free - Paleo - Sugar Free - Grain Free
- 1/3 cup vanilla hemp protein powder (plain is fine too)
- 1/2 cup sunflower butter (or almond butter/ nut butter of choice)
- 1/3 cup Coconut Flour
- 5 Dates
- 1 tsp. pure vanillla
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk or Coconut Milk (unsweetened)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Optional: 2-3 Tbsp dark chocolate for melting
- Prepare a 9x5 loaf pan by lining with wax paper like a sling with the sides hanging over the edge for easy removal.
- Set aside.
- In the workbowl of a food processor add all of the ingredients except the almond milk.
- Pulse until the mixture forms a sandy texture and the dates are chopped finely.
- With the motor running slowly stream in the almond milk until a dough forms.
- Press the dough into prepared loaf pan.
- Using a spatula or your hands, spread the mixture evenly in the pan, pressing down firmly.
- Optional: place chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and nuke on high in 20 second intervals, mixing between each. When chocolate is fully melted, drizzle over the top of the packed mix using a spoon.
- Place pan into fridge and allow to cool for ~30 minutes before cutting into 8 bars.