I don’t have time to eat right during the work week because I am glued to my desk or on the road.
You are busy I get it. I hear this all day long from clients. People that eat clean, nutritious foods don’t necessarily have more time, they just manage it differently. Want to know the trick? Packing healthy, non perishable snacks in your bag before leaving the house is going to keep you on track and out of the drive thru. Make a huge batch of these protein truffles, pack up small bags of raw nuts/seeds, and bring some fresh fruit like apples or a banana that is ready to go. Keeping your blood sugar balanced throughout your day and staying well hydrated is going to keep your energy levels up, your brain sharp, and will keep you satisfied until you can sit down for a real meal.
No Bake Vegan Protein Truffles
Raw - Vegan - No Refined Sugar - Paleo
- 1/3 cup raw nut butter (sunflower, almond, cashew etc)
- 1/4 cup hemp protein powder (or plant based protein powder of choice)
- 3 Tbl Flaxseed meal
- 2 Tbl Coconut Flour
- 1/2 C Non Dairy Milk (coconut, almond, rice, hemp etc)
- 6 Large Dates (pits removed and soaked in warm water for 5-10 minutes)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1-2 tsp scoop favorite greens powder, spirulina, chlorella etc
- 2 TBL Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 2 TBL Raw Cacao Powder
- In the work bowl of a food processor, add all of the ingredients except for the non dairy milk, cacao and shredded coconut.
- Pulse to break up the dates. When they are broken up start to run the motor and stream in the non dairy milk until the mixture starts to become a dough in consistency.
- Using a standard ice cream scoop, scoop one ball and split this in half.
- Roll the truffle in your hands to form a ball.
- Set aside.
- Complete this with the rest of the dough.
- Roll the truffles in either the cacao or the coconut.
- Store in the fridge and eat when you need a snack!
- I like adding greens powder to boost the nutritional content but make sure you add one that tastes good. I like the Amazing Grass brands and some optional flavors that would work in this recipe would be the chocolate or berry flavor.
Some optional nutritious add ins
- 1 tsp Maca
- 1 tsp Camu Camu
- 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs