Remember cereal? If you are grain/gluten free or following any sort of low sugar lifestyle cereal is a long distant memory….
I have a 5 minute recipe that you can whip together even in the foggiest of morning states, so you can sit down with bowl of cereal and feel like a kid again.
Simply toast the coconut and almonds in a a dry sauté pan until golden, add a pinch of salt, drizzle of maple syrup or stevia, little touch of coconut oil, cinnamon, throw in the flax seed meal and toss to coat. Cover in non dairy milk of choice, stand on your chair and you tell that box of wheaties to take a hike…you got this whole cereal thing covered. Try this version of Stevia for the most natural, purest form of this amazing plant!
5 minute Paleo/Vegan Cereal
vegan - low sugar - paleo - gluten free - grain free
- 1/4 c unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 c sliced almonds (or nut of choice)
- 2 Tbl flax seed meal
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- pinch of sea salt
- Small sprinkle of green stevia or Sweetener of choice to taste (maple syrup, coconut sugar etc see notes)
Optional add ins
- dried fruit
- cacao nibs
- fresh chopped fruit
- more chopped nuts
- In a small sauté pan over medium heat, toast the coconut and sliced almonds until slightly golden
- Make a small well in the middle of the pan and add the coconut oil in the center of the pan and swirl around to melt
- Add the flaxseed meal, cinnamon, pinch of salt, sweetener of choice, and toss to coat so the spices stick to the nuts and coconut
- Empty the cereal into a large bowl and add non dairy milk of choice
- Top with any additional add ins at this point
- This recipe can be doubled/tripled etc and can be stored in an airtight container in a cool dark place ahead of time.
- Feel free to play around with the nut choices and spice options.
- I like to use stevia to keep this sugar free (buy green stevia for the purest form) to keep my insulin levels down in the morning, but use whatever sweetener works for your dietary needs.