Not sure how to make plant based food a part of your cooking routine? Start out by replacing one of your meat based meals with one of these simple vegan recipes and you will be on your way to a slimmer waist, better skin, and less inflammation.
5 Minute Summer Weightloss Salad
vegan - raw - weightloss - cooling - alkaline - anti inflammatory
- 1 English Cucumber Peeled and Diced
- 2 Organic Tomatoes (heirloom would be amazing) Diced
- 1/3 cup Pitted Kalamata Olives
- 2 Tbl Hemp Seeds
- 1 Avocado Diced
- 2 Tbl Hummus (make sure to read your oils for no factory oils like soybean, canola, peanut, etc)
- Freshly Ground Pepper & Pink Salt to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, mix until the hummus is spread throughout and top with freshly ground black pepper. Optional to pair with a slice of raw seed bread (Like Lydia's available for purchase here)
"Cheesy" Spaghetti Squash & Spiced Collard Greens
gluten free - warming - anti inflammatory - grain free
- 2 tbl divided cultured ghee or sesame oil (or oil of choice safe for cooking)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 6-8 cups collard greens
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- pink salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 5 large organic tomatoes (heirloom would be great if you can find them)
- 1/3 c nutritional yeast
- 4 tsp Flavor God lemon garlic seasoning or 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 - 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and cover the bottom with cultured ghee, sesame oil, or oil fat of choice. Add turmeric + ginger powder and allow to bubble. dd prepped collard greens and toss to coat in spice mixture. Add veggie broth and simmer covered until most of the liquid is absorbed and the leaves are soft with just a little bite. Add pink salt and black pepper to taste.
Bake spaghetti squash whole in oven until easily pierced with a knife or boil in water for 15-20 minutes until tender. Slice open and scrape out "spaghetti". In a large sauté pan add cultured ghee, sesame oil, or fat of choice to cover pan. Add 5 diced tomatoes and satue a few minutes. Add squash, nutritional yeast + flavorgod lemon garlic seasoning and deglaze with veggie broth until a thick cheesy sauce is formed. Add pink salt and pepper and add more nutritional yeast to taste.
Portobello Pizza w/ Kale Walnut Pesto
Vegetarian - Gluten Free - Vegan - Grain Free
Serves: 4 mushroom caps
recipe courtesy of www.flavoryourhealth.com
- 4 organic Portobello mushroom caps
- 2 oversized cups chopped organic curly kale (washed, stems removed)
- ½ cup raw walnuts
- 1-2 garlic cloves (depending how much you like garlic!)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ⅛-1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt (to taste)
- Fresh black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pulse kale leaves in food processor a few times. Then add walnuts, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- With food processor running, add the olive oil. Scrape sides down, if necessary and blend again. Check for seasoning.
- With a damp cloth, clean off mushrooms. Cut stem down and place stem side up on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake mushroom caps on their own for 8 minutes. Remove from oven, place 2 tablespoons of pesto in each cap and spread.
- Place back in the oven for 15 mins.
I will be planning a google hangout call to discuss why eating a plant based diet can transform your health. I will give you my method for planning meals and open it up for a Q&A after. If you are interested make a comment below or contact me directly.
Make sure to join my private Facebook group "Holistic Solutions to Chronic Pain" for a more intimate setting and TONS of free information. If you feel you need some one-on-one attention reach out to me directly and we can set up a short call to discuss your needs further. You can also check out my "work with me" page for my calendar and more info on health coaching.