Chocolate Cashew Cream Banana Tarts
Gluten Free - Vegan - Paleo - Grain Free - No Sugar
Makes enough for 4 mini tarts
- 4 mini prepared tart shells (recipe link here)
- 4 overripe bananas (I mean black like on the verge of throwing out)
- 1-2 fresh bananas cut into thin slices and placed in a bowl covered in water with juice of 1/2 lemon to keep from browning
- 1 cup thick cashew cream
- 2 TBL pure maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 TBL melted and slightly cooled coconut oil
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 dark organic chocolate bar for shaving
- 3/4 cup thick cashew cream + 1 TBL maple syrup(optional)
- Remove the bananas out of the water and place on a paper towel to dry off while preparing the filling.
- Place the 4 overripe bananas, cashew cream, cocoa powder, oil, maple syrup, salt, nutmeg in a blender and blend until very smooth.
- In the bottom of the cooled tart shells place a single layer of the sliced bananas in the bottom of each shell.
Then scoop 2-3 TBL of the chocolate mixture over the bananas until it reaches just shy of the top of the crust.
If garnishing with additional cashew cream whip some with the maple syrup and place in a piping bag or a plastic bag with the tip cut off. (I buy the piping bag tips and place them in the cut corner of a plastic bag)
Pipe a small amount in the center or as much as your heart desires.
With a vegetable peeler shave some chocolate on top of each tart.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours (overnight would be best) to allow the chocolate filling to set up.
Relish in the beauty of your creation by stuffing your face with it :)