Peanut Free Thai Nut Sauce
Vegan - Gluten Free - Paleo
- 1 1/2 Tbl Rice wine vinegar (unseasoned)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter or almond butter
- 2 Tbl Coconut sugar
- 2 Tbl Freshly squeezed lime (or lemon) juice
- 2 Tbl Coconut Aminos
- 1/2 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 Tbl Ginger-Garlic Paste* recipe follows (or 1 Tbl grated ginger and 1/2 Tbl minced or grated garlic)
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender or in a bowl and whisk/blend to thoroughly combine.
- If using as a dipping sauce keep the mixture thick.
- If using as a stir fry sauce thin with some water and thicken with 1 Tbl water+1tsp arrowroot powder whisked into the sauce.
- 1/2 cup cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup (1/2-inch slices) fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup olive oil, coconut oil, or fat of choice
- Throw the garlic, ginger, and oil in a mini-food processor and let it go until it forms a semi-smooth paste.
- There will still be tiny little pieces in there, but overall, it should resemble a paste.
- Save what you don’t use in a small glass jar; it should last in the fridge for 2 to 3 weeks.
It’s a delicious addition to marinades, pasta sauces, stir-fry sauces, slow-cooker recipes, gravy etc.