Gluten Free- Dairy Free- Refined Sugar Free
Dairy Free Lemon Mousse
Grain Free - Dairy Free - Refined Sugar Free
- 1 Cup Lemon Curd (or any other type of curd flavor is fine)
- 2 Egg whites
- 1 Tbl Honey or coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 1/2 Cup
- In the bowl of a clean stand mixer (or metal bowl) begin to whip the egg whites.
- When it starts to become foamy increase the speed and add in the honey or sweetener of choice and whip until medium firm peaks form.
- In a separate large bowl add the lemon curd and cashew cream and fold together.
- Then scoop 1/4 of the egg white mixture and stir it into the lemon/cashew mixture to make the integration of the rest of the egg whites easier.
- Now add 1/4 more of the whipped egg whites into the lemon curd and fold in gently.
- Continue to add the egg whites in these intervals two more times and fold gently until a light and fluffy mousse is attained.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to firm up in the fridge for at least an hour before eating.