I have been on a raw food/juicing cleanse for 10 days and I am responding really well to all this clean, live food. I wanted to keep this feeling going so I am integrating some salads back in after all the blended and juiced foods. I made this salad dressing and honestly you could use this as a dip for veggies, as a sauce over some zucchini noodles, or on top of any meat like chicken or pork. The possibilities are endless.
Avocado Mango Salad Dressing
Vegan - Raw - Gluten Free - Grain Free - Paleo - Sugar Free
- 1/2 Avocado (make sure it is very ripe)
- 1 Cup Chopped Mango (I used thawed frozen or you can use fresh just make sure it is ripe)
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 Cup Light Coconut Milk (or use 1/4 cup full fat and 2 Tbl of water) or unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbl Chopped Cilantro (or mint if you don't like cilantro)
- Pinch of Cayenne
- 1/2 Tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 Tbl Maple Syrup (or sweetener of choice see notes)
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Add more coconut milk by the tablespoon if it is too thick.
- Taste for seasoning and sweetness. (see notes)
- Depending on the sweetness level of your mangos you may want to add some additional mangos to balance the flavors or the maple syrup to taste. If you are following a completely raw diet you can use raw coconut sugar or add more fruit to taste.