Cooking? Who has the time to get the kids to school, go to work, go to the gym, pick everyone up, make dinner, do the dishes, prep the lunches, oh and look glamorous, fit, well rested, and oh so happy?!?
Listen, I am not claiming that this soup is going to feed your crying kids and convince them to eat broccoli, but what this will do is give YOU something quick and healthy you can eat for lunch that isn’t going to take forever to make.You do need to make your own food; snacking on your kids goldfish is not a sufficient “lunch”.
Steam your broccoli, blend it up, pair it with a protein for a full meal, and voila! You have your cleansing herbs to mange water weight, the fiber in the broccoli to keep you full, and the healthy fat from the olive oil to keep that skin young and gorgeous. This is actually really good mixed in with salad greens, roasted veggies, chicken, or fish and some almonds for crunch. Boom!
Vegan broccoli herb soup
vegan - gluten free - grain free - sugar free - low carb - paleo
- 1 Head of Broccoli, freshly steamed
- 1 Cup Vegetable Broth (divided)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbl Lemon Juice
- 1 Handful of Parsley (about 1/4 cup chopped)
- 1/4 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
- In a blender, add 1/2 cup of vegetable broth, the olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon zest, lemon juice and half of the steamed broccoli.
- Puree until smooth.
- Add the remaining broccoli and puree, adding more vegetable broth to smooth to desired consistency.
- Taste for seasoning.